Friday, January 16, 2009

january 15

Found out today during my blog browsing that in just two more short issues, my favorite magazine of all times will be no more. No more Simple Scrapbooks? That's sooooo not fair. They have to end it because of the bad economy. They, the folks over at Creating Keepsakes, can't get enough ads to keep it running. I am so bummed. My Mom has gifted me a subscription to it for about the last 5 or 6 years. I loved the days it came in the mail. The days I'd stop everything else that I was doing and flip through the coolest collection of ideas and layouts. Layouts that I could actually steal and recreate. I loved their special issues that I'd pick up at Barnes & Noble. I have saved them all. I look at them over and over again. The only good news is that bits and pieces of Simple Scrapbooks will be included again in Creating Keepsakes magazine. I'm going to be in mourning for about the next 5 years. In other news. . .Creative Memories has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Found that out today in a blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment